Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Our Last Walk


One crooked step after the other
Like drunken man
Stumbling, struggling to walk straight
The cold breeze strikes up again
An intense gust this time hit hard against my cheeks
Causing my rosy complication to glow with misery  
Short legs take longer strides trying escape this discomfort
Flowing through every inch of me now, causing my body to ache
My chattering teeth, an obnoxious vibration increases with each step
Blocking out the surrounding of these angry streets
Yet, aside from the cars speeding past me, honking, blazing with rage 
There’s a shadow holding me back to my right
Towering over me
Like a tree protects the sun’s heat from those who enjoy the shade
But protection is far from this scene
More so holding me back, forcing me to slow my pace
A kind gesture, required
An invitation meant to be thrown away
With each step longer than the next
As if I am escaping fear every time my shoe touches the pavement
Determined to escape the shadow clenching onto my existence
Yet, the shadow does not go away
Screeching now for attention
Throwing bricks of insults in my face
A shadow of ignorance, oblivious I was from the start
Fakeness used to roll me in, compelling me to accept
Yet one step inside the building away from the cold breeze
My realization takes over, a rush of excitement replaces the aches
To finally be done with the darkness of your shadow
Now I am awake

No comments:

Post a Comment