Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Clarity


Clarity

I don’t know you anymore
But maybe that’s a good thing
The way it was supposed to be all along

And I saw your news of success
You finally did it
And I still wish you nothing but the best

Too young to notice way back when
I held onto you
Thinking you’d always be here
Yet, that was never the case
And I accept that now

Vicious people they tear into your heart
Taking all they can to fulfill their sick ways
But I know now
Accepting that some people are meant to teach strength
Thanks to you
I know how to be strong even in the hardest of times
I accept that love ends

But maybe that’s not love
Its different as we age
Young kids abuse a simple word
Yet as we grow up, we feel it
Love never fades away
Because true love
You stick around for
Work through every little problem
It’s hard to do especially for the lazy mind
But that’s true love
A feeling you cannot explain
A feeling that never goes away

So there it is
Again, I wish you nothing but the best
Truly I do
Because you’re the reason I am here
You’re the reason that through those dark times
I am now alive 

No comments:

Post a Comment